My Compass: Playful Boldness
"I love your playful boldness."
This comment got me thinking...
I love being bold. I l love experimenting with bold, direct actions and desires. I love catching people (myself included) off guard with my boldness.
Some of the things I have said/done:
"I have been flirting with you the past 3 months. I'm practically asking you to take me home with you"- (insert mouth-drop by recipient)
"If you could have your biggest desire tonight with me, what would it be?"- (also, insert mouth-drop)
"Here is my calendar.. pencil yourself in, handsome"
Kissed a stranger at a hot springs
Asked a boy if he would have a heart-adventure with me..
As I remember fondly these moments, I also remember my compass that @Kat Fleming so brilliantly pointed out; Playfulness.
- I remember not taking my bold wants, desires, and needs seriously or with pressure (a huge change from many years ago)
- I remember the sheer joy at surprising myself with some of these desires, AND actions! (kind of like watching a movie reel and being like.. she did/ wanted WHAT!?"
- I remember not caring about the outcome; the pleasure was in the expression itself, the rest was bonus.
- I remember how alive I felt, because it felt.. SO deliciously... edgy
- And I remember how much it felt truly.. me
- I remember it being easy, because it was play.
I appreciate when people point out my boldness. It reminds me how brave and thrilling it is to live so loudly, so free, and with so much fun. It reminds me of my favorite moments of feeling truly alive and of my internal compass of how to get there... Playful boldness.